First-Time Homebuyer Guide
to the mortgage process, credit, and achieving the dream of homeownership
Empower Your First-Time Homebuyers to Become Mortgage Ready
Build stronger relationships & support aspiring homebuyers with the help a comprehensive first-time homebuyer guide
While many Americans dream of homeownership, most first-time homebuyers lack the financial knowledge and confidence in the homebuying process to successfully navigate their journey to homeownership.
As a result, they may sit on the sidelines or make novice mistakes when they finally take the plunge. You can empower your first-time mortgage borrowers to enter the housing market with the confidence, support, and trust they need by offering borrower education. We make this process easy with our First-Time Homebuyer Guide.
In this guide, your borrowers can learn about:
- The technical definition of a “first-time homebuyer”
- Credit scores and how they impact mortgage eligibility
- Ways to increase their credit score
- Types of mortgage loan programs for first-time homebuyers
- Costs involved in purchasing a home
- Steps involved in the homebuying process
- Benefits of getting prequalified and preapproved
- Top mistakes to avoid as a first-time homebuyer
- And more!
This First-Time Homebuyer Guide is brought to you by Certified Credit, a leading mortgage lending solutions provider with over 35 years of experience.